shibboleth-dev - RE: Shibboleth and Sympa

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shibboleth and Sympa

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Olivier Salaun - CRU' <>,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: Shibboleth and Sympa
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 12:27:37 -0400

> We already have a demo version running but we have some problems with
> the WAYF not redirecting to the correct URL (missing port number). The
> problem is obviously in the WAYF form that has lost the port number in
> the "target" variable (see below). Strangely the GET URL to the WAYF was
> correct (see below). Might this be a configuration problem on
> our target shib ?

The URL you noted to the WAYF was just as incorrect. It doesn't have a port
in the target parameter. On Apache, we use its API to construct the target
URL, so something must be wrong with that approach in some (all?) cases.

I seem to recall *not* using that API when I built my SSO module here, so
probably I was right and shib is wrong. ;-) I'll take a look at pubcookie
and see what it does.