shibboleth-dev - Re: two-box origin

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: two-box origin

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • Cc: Shibboleth Design Team <>
  • Subject: Re: two-box origin
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:15:16 -0400

RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:

I have the UW origin now running with the HS on one box
(shib.cac.washington.edu) and the AA on another box
(abajo.cac.washington.edu), and it seems to work OK. This is using the
CryptoHandleRepository, obviously.

Cool.

I wouldn't say this is the easiest thing in the world to configure, but
it's do-able. I spose at some point we might start to think that having
the HS and AA on separate boxes would be the normal setup, and we might
offer distinct origin.properties files for each.

What trouble did you run into? I think the only thing that is different for this type of configuration is that you have to copy the secret key from one machine to the other (although we don't say this in the docs).

-Walter