shibboleth-dev - RE: [OASIS Entity Resolution specification]

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [OASIS Entity Resolution specification]

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'RL 'Bob' Morgan' <>, 'Shib Design Team' <>
  • Subject: RE: [OASIS Entity Resolution specification]
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:17:54 -0400

> I haven't got very far into this, but it seems as though it
> must be relevant to our interest in providing resolvable
> info-resources for our identifiers. Thoughts, XML guru(s)?

I'm not sure what the relationship is, if any, between SGML/XML entity
resolution and the work going on at IETF. They certainly have
some similar outcomes, though I think that part of DDDS is more generically
about turning a URN into a URL.

Walter and I have talked on and off about using the catalog approach to deal
with resolving schemas, because there's some Java code
that apparently implements some form of it.