shibboleth-dev - Re: testing the one-hop validation scenario

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: testing the one-hop validation scenario

  • From: Derek Atkins <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Shibboleth Design Team <>
  • Subject: Re: testing the one-hop validation scenario
  • Date: 05 Jun 2003 22:29:36 -0400

writes:

> >Now I'm a bit confused. It all just worked! The change I made:
> >failing to parse an X509 key out of the trust file (or failing to
> >insert it into a key store) is no longer a fatal operation. For some
> >reason it doesn't like the cert that calls itself /C=US/O=RSA Data
> >Security, Inc./OU=Secure Server Certification Authority.
> >

> well, that's truly odd, but very encouraging news!

Yea, but I couldn't reproduce the problem that I had been reproducing on
Monday... I'm concerned that maybe something changed somewhere else.

> can you tell if that RSA cert is "the same one" found in standard
> distributions (eg openssl bundle)?

I do not know. it's the one labeled:

<!-- RSA Secure Server CA -->

in the trust.xml file. It parses fine into an x509 object but
OpenSSL fails to add it to the keystore. I don't know why --
I don't have a debugging-build of openssl lying around.

-derek
Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)

PGP key available