shibboleth-dev - Quick update...

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Quick update...

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Quick update...
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 04:18:59 -0400

Good progress to report...

I have the basic signature crypto largely done and tested on both origin and
target, and have worked through a few other
parser-related problem that cropped up.

The rebuilt target has a compat mode option that I've tested against the 0.8
origin successfully. There's an origin mode that should
work with 0.8 targets (but is untested).

Target also now supports AA timout settings to eliminate the SHAR RPC errors,
and is exporting the origin site name and
authentication method to new headers, and also supports a variable length
contact list from the metadata (but we only use one).

Remaining work:
- tool to download metadata
- verification of HS certificate/key with OpenSSL