shibboleth-dev - FW: IPR for SAML / OpenSAML @ Apache

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

FW: IPR for SAML / OpenSAML @ Apache

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shib Design Team' <>
  • Subject: FW: IPR for SAML / OpenSAML @ Apache
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:11:09 -0500

The long awaited license arrives. Rob separately asked me whether we had
"contingency plans" in case they did not agree to negotiate
new terms with the ASF, and I explained that we had our own plan for OpenSAML
before Apache approached us and got involved.

As near as I can decode the legalese, it says what they said it would say. It
does appear to be a perpetual license in the sense
that they can't unilaterally declare it void unless the licensee is in
breach. I think that's pretty important. Once UCAID signs it,
it's at least not hanging over Shibboleth's head.

-- Scott