shibboleth-dev - Compiler version for Linux?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Compiler version for Linux?

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shibboleth Design Team' <>
  • Subject: Compiler version for Linux?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:09:39 -0500

Should we move up to a current gcc, or stay with 3.04 when we do the 1.0
release?

I only stuck with it because of the hassle of upgrading to it on older Linux
versions, which only affects people building certain
pieces from source. Really, though, building something like Apache could be
done with older gcc and it should still work.