shibboleth-dev - New exception type for HTML errors from AA

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

New exception type for HTML errors from AA

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shibboleth Design Team' <>
  • Subject: New exception type for HTML errors from AA
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 01:24:46 -0500

I decided to at least try and take steps to improve the error handling
situation when the SOAP calls to the AA are returning non-XML
content, usually a web page with a Java error.

I'm not sure what to suggest we do with the HTML page, though an IFRAME is
one pretty good possibility now that Netscape 4 is such a
dead platform anyway.

Regardless, when a get a bad content type from the AA, I throw a new
exception type called a ContentTypeException, and put the
entire buffer sent by the AA into the error message. I may need to base64
encode it though, not sure yet.