shibboleth-dev - regex support

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

regex support

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Subject: regex support
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:46:56 -0500

Fortuitously, I think our XML parser already has enough regex support
for UTF-16 strings to do what we need by virtue of the schema pattern
matching stuff, so I just went ahead and added an attribute to the sites
file Domain element to indicate whether the content is a regexp:

eg.

<Domain>shibdev.edu</Domain>
<Domain regexp="true">(.+\.)?shibdev.edu</Domain>

This lets the literal match rule take precedence (and efficiency) but
allows for what we want.

Interested parties can reference the allowable syntax here, provided
they like slogging through complex specs. It seems to be more or less
Perl.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dt-regex

I'll put together an AAP schema in the shib namespace for specifying AAP
regex rules for string attributes and send it to the list before I
implement anything there.