shibboleth-dev - Intra-Project Release Announcement

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Intra-Project Release Announcement

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: , 'Shibboleth Project' <>
  • Subject: Intra-Project Release Announcement
  • Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 02:59:33 -0500

Ok, finally, we've branched again. OpenSAML and Shibboleth 0.7 (formerly
beta 1) are officially available in cvs and at
http://wayf.internet2.edu/shibboleth/

I've put a new page in place there that lists all the available
distributions in their various forms, so people won't get as confused. I
pulled the alpha code as well.

Bugzilla has been updated so that bugs can be posted against a 0.7
product version.

We feature:

Source and binary Java origin distribution
Source OpenSAML C++ distribution
Source Shibboleth target distribution
Binary RH Linux Shibboleth target distribution
Binary Solaris 8 Shibboleth target distribution

All of them contain new text files and the latest deploy guides that
describe building and installing in great detail. The docs are now all
in CVS and will be maintained along with the code.

Over the next few days, we'll be logging known bugs to bugzilla and I'll
get the beta code deployed on the wayf machine so that the official test
platform is up to date. Walter will get the origin code and WAYF updated
as well.

Thanks to all the testers for their help.