shibboleth-dev - RE: installing beta-1...

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: installing beta-1...

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: installing beta-1...
  • Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:03:30 -0400

> are we expecting to provide binaries for the supported platforms, or
> do we expect everyone to build it from source?

Not sure, but I don't plan on keeping tarballs up to date by hand
anymore, so if binaries are desired, I suggest a Unix-savvy admin set up
a nightly build out of CVS.

We can make binaries of the various libraries available, if that's
useful. Xerces, especially, since the binary they ship is compiled with
the wrong compiler on Sun.

AFAIK, all the pieces we use are autoconf-enabled now, ours and others'.