shibboleth-dev - Re: New Dependency

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: New Dependency

  • From: Derek Atkins <>
  • To: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: Re: New Dependency
  • Date: 08 Aug 2002 00:14:35 -0400

"Scott Cantor"
<>
writes:

> > Hmm, looks like it's depending on the cgi environment
> > vars, which I do not believe actually exist in an apache
> > module framework.
>
> True, but they exist in some form, somewhere. Content length will be in
> the request structure somewhere, and the data should be accessible via a
> socket, I would think.

Maybe. I just decided to use libapreq. It simplified my code
significantly.

> My original point was more in relation to the other servers where
> libapreq doesn't work.

True, but this code is specifically in the apache module, not
in the generic code. Parsing the HTTP "POST" is specific to the
web server, IMHO. Processing the data is not ;)

> -- Scott

-derek

Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)

PGP key available