shibboleth-dev - Post Profile in C?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Post Profile in C?

  • From: Derek Atkins <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Post Profile in C?
  • Date: 31 Jul 2002 00:06:14 -0400

Hi,

I finally tracked down the code that is implementing the
SHIRE POST, and I was shocked that it was in Java. I'm
even more shocked that there isn't a C/C++ equivalent.
Or, at least, I can't find it in the shib sources.

The Java code seems to run:

// Get a profile object using our specifics.
String[] policies = {Constants.POLICY_CLUBSHIB};
ShibPOSTProfile profile =
ShibPOSTProfileFactory.getInstance(policies, mapper,
(shireLocation!=null) ? shireLocation :
HttpUtils.getRequestURL(request).toString(),
300);

// Try and accept the response...
SAMLResponse r = profile.accept(responseData.getBytes());

I'd like to do this in C, but nothing like this appears to exist. Or,
if it does, it's not using the same name.

If nothing else, I need C++ code that can convert the "char*
responseData" to a SAMLResponse (which does exist ;)

Any pointers/suggestions?

Thanks,

-derek

Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board (SIPB)

PGP key available