shibboleth-dev - RE: First complaint - got resolved

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: First complaint - got resolved

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: "'Shibboleth Design Team'" <>
  • Subject: RE: First complaint - got resolved
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:51:30 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Scott Cantor wrote:

> The critical thing is to make sure I don't introduce a loop because the
> HS isn't somehow seemingly reissuing the same assertion because of some
> caching issue in the browser. I've seen a few personal examples of some
> strange behavior on that front, so I need to investigate further.

Right, we have a looping problem in pubcookie when the authentication
assertion-equivalent doesn't verify (usually due to clock skew at the
target, which is an issue for Shib too). Seems to me there is a necessity
for mod_shire (or someone) to be able to display an error page to the user
in case of assertion failure, since handing back to the app will likely
cause a loop.

- RL "Bob"