shibboleth-dev - cvs/pkg organization for shibboleth components

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

cvs/pkg organization for shibboleth components

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Shibboleth Design Team' <>
  • Subject: cvs/pkg organization for shibboleth components
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:13:58 -0400

Ok, so we need to get this better coordinated so we can get ready for
the building and testing. We (mostly Walter) have got all the
non-OpenSAML code set up in the shibboleth/ cvs tree, the Java stuff
under java/src.

Inside there, we put all the source inside the
edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth package tree, which I see Parviz did
for the AA, so I think it's just the HS that needs to be fixed.

Walter is going to clean his version out of the hs subdirectory, so that
Barbara or whomever can check in the alpha2 version into the cvs there.
Those source files also need to be given a package command at the top so
that they're in the "edu.internet2.middleware.shibboleth.hs" Java
package, because we're going to build all the source into the
WEB-INF/classes space and reference it from there.

If the two different HS designs (in-memory/SQL) need to be dealt with in
some way other than just a servlet property to configure the servlet,
let me know and we'll work it out. Ideally, the servlet parameter could
reference maybe a class name to use for that piece of the
implementation, but that's just a thought.