shibboleth-dev - notes, 6/3 conf call

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

notes, 6/3 conf call

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: notes, 6/3 conf call
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:42:03 -0400

All of this conversation pertains to alpha-2:

We agreed on the following sequence of events

Everybody:
-load alpha-2 source into the cvs

Scott:
- finish up the target side runtime (C++)
- update the command line debugging tools, to use new runtime api

CMU
- get the new command line tools from Scott
- use them to test the HS, AA with the new runtime api

Scott
- modify the SHIRE, SHAR to use the new runtime api

We also talked about the Registry. Origin sites joining the Club will have to provide:

- name(s) of the origin site, as they'd like them to appear on the WAYF screen
- dns name of their Handle Server
- the set of origin domains they want to assert attributes for (usually, just the campus)
- security info for their HS... for the cert corresponding to the signing key used by the HS..
- have the cert signed by one of our trusted roots (Verisign, CREN, other? - Thawte test CA?)

- or, provide us with the cert for the HS

we talked about putting this info into a simple XML document, and signing it.

We also talked about logistics for source, builds, distribution, etc

- we'll load all the source into the CVS repository at I2
- we'll build alpha-2 from the CVS
- the initial alpha-2 distribution will be binaries (like alpha-1). Much less documentation to produce, and fewer problems for sites doing the install. And, I remain pessimistic about the licensing issues getting resolved....
- a few weeks after the initial alpha-2 distribution, we'll make both source and binaries available

We agreed to run the WAYF at I2; Steve will talk to tech support at I2 about this.

Steve got an AI, to send ldif, etc to the I2 staff, to get user objects created in their ldap server.