shibboleth-dev - reminder - shib design conf call today - 6/3, 3pm

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

reminder - shib design conf call today - 6/3, 3pm

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: reminder - shib design conf call today - 6/3, 3pm
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:29:00 -0400

usual logistics:

Phone #: 800-998-2462
Pin #: 5601277

Agenda:

1) Identify tasks that need to be finished BEFORE we make the next version (alpha-2) available. Target date for this is June 12......

2) any more discussion on "AA Attribute Classes".....

a note about schedule:

-- we have committed to providing alpha-2 to some sites in the June 12th timeframe (psu/WebAssign would like to use with a physics course starting June 24).

-- I2 is aiming to publish a "Call for Participation" around 6/17, asking campuses to join a pilot project with commercial info providers in early july?

-- this may mean we provide alpha-2 in mid-june, and could provide alpha-2.5 in early july (with improved packaging, but no feature changes?)

TASKS for alpha-2:

1) Integration testing
- new WAYF
- modified HS
- new AA
- modified SHIRE/SHAR
- new OpenSAML

-- logistics of testing?

2) Registry

- what information do sites need to submit?
- how do we distribute this?

3) Logistics of distributing alpha-2

- binaries?
- source
- source from cvs?

- status of licensing.......

-- current access to alpha-2 source (for FDRM project)

4) Impact on deploy guide, draft Club Shib guide; start of a list....

- how to "connect up" an origin to a target....

- how to test a new origin.. do we provide a service?

- doc Barbara's new "config test" program

- new config process for origin side.

- managing ARPs (comandline tool?)

- connecting the AA to an Ldap server.....

- interfacing with the Registry.......

- ?? the club application process.....

-- update DRAFT Club Shib guidelines