shibboleth-dev - RE: [Fwd: RE: java program, check shib configuration]

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: [Fwd: RE: java program, check shib configuration]

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Barbara Jensen' <>,
  • Subject: RE: [Fwd: RE: java program, check shib configuration]
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:13:33 -0400

> However, this brought about another problem, when the Shire
> servlet would error right after the handle was inserted. A
> peek in shib1's error log gave
>
> Caught a SAML exception: Bad Handle or Handle Service Problem:
> HandleException: getHandleEntry() cannot find
> matching record
>
> even when the particular handle WAS in the database, and (i'm pretty
> sure) access levels were correct.

Is that an error in the SHIRE, or in the HS on shib1? I assume you meant
it's the HS. The SHIRE wouldn't complain about a handle error, I don't
think...Or maybe it's the AA complaining?

> Scott, Parvis: could you give me some ideas on what could be
> giving me the above error from shib1?

I haven't ever looked all that closely at the origin code. Where does
that exception message get created in the origin servlets?

If it's the AA, is it possible the AA still thinks its using the local
database and not the colorado one? Maybe you changed one but not the
other...