shibboleth-dev - Re: [Fwd: RE: java program, check shib configuration]

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Fwd: RE: java program, check shib configuration]

  • From: Barbara Jensen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: RE: java program, check shib configuration]
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:41:46 -0400

I've been hunting down this problem today, and here's what I came up
with:

The database on alliance.colorado.edu seems to be setup correctly. In
order to test this, I made the internet2 Handle Service point at the
colorado database, and it could insert new handle entries and see the
table just fine. However, this brought about another problem, when
the Shire servlet would error right after the handle was inserted. A
peek in shib1's error log gave

Caught a SAML exception: Bad Handle or Handle Service Problem:
HandleException: getHandleEntry() cannot find
matching record

even when the particular handle WAS in the database, and (i'm pretty
sure) access levels were correct.

I was not able to get the colorado site past a null pointer exception,
and my next lame guess is that the problem lies elsewhere in the web
server configuration. Possibly not reading in the database drivers
correctly?

Scott, Parvis: could you give me some ideas on what could be giving me
the above error from shib1?

thanks,
barbara