shibboleth-dev - wayf implementation

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

wayf implementation

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To:
  • Subject: wayf implementation
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:33:42 -0400

As discussed at the end of last Wednesday's shibb call, I came up with a preliminary WAYF service. The code and a build can be found at http://www.columbia.edu/~wassa/shibboleth/wayf.tar.gz . The WAYF is implemented as a servlet and seems to work under Tomcat 3.3 and 4.x.

Some of the features included are:

Origin selection via text search and drop down menus
Common strings can be set to be ignored in searching, e.g. University
Origins can be grouped into multiple drop down menus
One or more aliases can be assigned to an origin
Interface text and graphics are configurable without editing the program
Configurable caching of user selections: can be set to do no caching, caching using servlet sessions, or caching using cookies
Accepts data via redirect or in process request forwarding
Error Handling and Display

Some things I plan on doing soon:

Configurable cookie options, e.g. cookie domain, and timeout
Documentation
Code cleanup

If anyone has time to comment on this, that would be wonderful. In addition, if someone could send me some sample handle service information I would be willing to install this here so people could take a look at the interface.

-Walter

--
Walter F. Hoehn, Jr