shibboleth-dev - Re: managing ARPs

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: managing ARPs

  • From: Parviz Dousti <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: managing ARPs
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:16:28 -0400

Let me make sure I understand:

entitlement is an Attribute and BLAH is one of the values for this attribute, right?

then,

1- In your example you say "release entitlement=BLAH". In the model I have proposed you cannot specify a value for an attribute. Even as an administrator you can only "release" an ATTRIBUTE and not a VALUE for that attribute. You may filter out one or more of the VALUES of this attribute but that is not what you want in this example.

2- What do you mean by "use" in "who qualifies to use this ARP" ?

Parviz

--On Wednesday, April 10, 2002 3:28 PM -0400

wrote:

following up on monday's call...... I've started updating (and
simplifying) the document describing editing/managing ARPs... and I've
stumbled on a question....

should there be a way to specify (when the Site Admin creates an ARP)
"who qualifies to use this ARP" separate from the specification of "what
attributes get released?"....

for instance, I might want to say "if [ (Affiliation=faculty) &
(Department=Economics) ] then release entitlement=BLAH

does this make sense?