shibboleth-dev - reminder - design call -

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

reminder - design call -

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: reminder - design call -
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:33:05 -0500

monday, 1/7, 3 pm est

Phone #: 800-998-2462
Pin #: 5601277

in addition to status updates, I'd like to hear if anyone is surprised by any of the entries in this list of "features" to be found in the first two versions.

Just before I left, Tom asked me "What have you promised to the pilot sites?". In response, here's several short lists of mixed items, at various levels of generality. I haven't gotten to this level of detail yet with the pilot sites (tho I have collected info from them about their technical environments). So it would be useful to reach agreement among ourselves on this list, and then I'll share it with them. Get out your red pens.....

-- alpha version (end of feb)

HS include support for pubcookie API
LDAP as an Attribute Repository
pseudo WAYF (built into SHIRE)
single tribe/registry/policy
simple AAPs
sysadmin management of ARPs (no uer admin)
support for "go directly to target"
support for "go to navigation site first"
UK requirements (still being determined.... recent note from Alan indicates high level of satisfaction, tho, with recent Attribute proposal)
SHAR caching
signing of assertions
? carrying demographic data

-- beta version

UI for the AA (for end users)
SHAR - support for application domains
policy - support for multiple clubs, bilateral agreements
HS/AA - support for guest, authn by IP addr from library
?? browser user - type in attribute at runtime
real WAYF, multiple clubs
better error messages (Here's what to do, where to go, to correct the access control error")
? SAML alignment

-- architecture, next round

multiple clubs
managing a target that's in multiple clubs
thoughts on implications of outsourcing the running of shib
wider set of scenarios, possibly including a bit of B2B