regional-network-technical - Re: Shim video and a request to connectors re: shim

Subject: Regional Technical Contacts

Re: Shim video and a request to connectors re: shim

  • From: Chris Robb <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: Shim video and a request to connectors re: shim
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2021 19:47:14 +0000

Dave and Dave:

You both raise excellent points and it’s something we did consider. We gave it some more thought this morning and will be doing a bit of additional outreach to the owners of all the OESS circuits through the Connectors. It will inform them of the maintenance window and invite them to join the bridge. If they aren’t able to join the bridge, we’ll be also sending an “all clear” message when we believe the maintenance has successfully completed so that they may verify their side as soon as they are able. Given our testing and experience, we don’t believe it will be a common failure scenario where we’re able to recover some VLANs but not others. So, if we verify the traffic we can observe more easily and can verify traffic levels look like they’re returning on the L2 circuits, we have a high amount of confidence the change was successful.

-Chris

--
Chris Robb, Director Internet2 Operations and Engineering
O: 812.855.8604  C: 812.345.3188