presidents-planning - Draft PPSP Program Theme Description

Subject: PPSP planning list

Draft PPSP Program Theme Description

  • From: Matt Hall <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Draft PPSP Program Theme Description
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 19:11:06 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:oMgswBTcjGimFa1wjgxStjiCPtpsv+yvbD5Q0YIujvd0So/mwa64ZRSN2/xhgRfzUJnB7Loc0qyN7PCmBDdLuMvJmUtBWaIPfidNsd8RkQ0kDZzNImzAB9muURYHGt9fXkRu5XCxPBsdMs//Y1rPvi/6tmZKSV2sfTZyc67tAIPJjsi60fypvoXXagNOhTyySbJ0MBisqwjN7I8bjZYoYvIp0BbSo3dFffhNgHtsLFSVnhDzzsa24JN59SlM4bQs+9MWAovgeKFtaLVEEHwGOmQxrJnrvB3HSACn530AX38QnwYSRQXJ8UepDd/KriLmu78li2GhNsrsQOVsVA==
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Hi Everyone,

Please see below for the draft description of the PPSP 2017 program theme.  Internet2's marketing team has already begun drafting the flyers and various marketing materials for the program (Thanks, Leslie!) so please let me know if you have any feedback/comments/edits on the below description by Monday, 10/10.  Thank you!

Series Title:  Culture, Society, and Presidential Decision-Making

The office of the President of the United States comes with immense responsibility and the power to shape the course of history.  Looking back on past administrations, it may not always be immediately clear why a President acted in a certain way or what outside forces influenced their decision-making.  In order to fully understand these factors, it is important to examine the cultural and societal trends of each era.  Through the use of primary source documents and live interactive video discussions with National Park Service rangers and presidential historians from the National Archives and other presidential historic sites, our 2017 Presidential Primary Sources Program (PPSP) series will take students on a journey through our nation’s history and allow them to view a President’s key decisions through the life and times of their era.