presidents-planning - PPSP 2017 Planning Call

Subject: PPSP planning list

PPSP 2017 Planning Call

  • From: Matt Hall <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: James Werle <>, Susannah Spellman <>
  • Subject: PPSP 2017 Planning Call
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 20:37:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Hi Everyone,

Based on the feedback I've received so far, it sounds like a lot of you are on vacation next week.  We will go ahead with the first call just to get things started and will be sure to share notes and outcomes with the rest of the group.  For those of you who are able to attend, Wednesday August 10 at 2:00pm ET seemed to be the most popular option.  I will send a calendar invite to everyone with connection info.

This first call will mainly serve as a chance to convene the group and brainstorm initial ideas for the program.  The main goals we have for the meeting are below.  Please use the following google doc to share any input/ideas/comments/questions regarding our first 3 action itemshttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1RoqRiSneswfmpgG1p2dn53gSAqSwNJl1Ht1nC5Ssfno/edit?usp=sharing

Action Items:

  1. Decide on a theme for this year's program.  Past themes include "Presidential Powers and the Constitution" and "Human and Civil Rights."
  2. Lock down a schedule for presentations.  Content providers, please list your preferred presentation dates.
  3. Decide who will moderate the 2017 program.  Our esteemed moderator Linda Rosenblum is unable to return for this program series, so we are in search of one or several people who may be interested in stepping into the role.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any comments/questions/concerns.

Thanks,

Matt