presidents-planning - For consideration/review in today's call

Subject: PPSP planning list

For consideration/review in today's call

  • From: Jennifer Oxenford <>
  • To:
  • Subject: For consideration/review in today's call
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:47:58 -0400

Hi All,

It time permits, I'd like to quickly give an update on the social media/marketing side of things. Attached is a brief document with all the twitter handles, Facebook pages and websites of the content providers in the project.

I also submit some draft tweets for review and discussion here below. Once we've approved these, if folks want to use these via their organization's social media marketing channels that would be great.

DRAFT TWEET #1
Teachers - Do you know about the new Presidential Primary Sources #PPSP project  for grades 6-9? Learn more & sign up https://k20.internet2.edu/presidents

DRAFT TWEET #2
Connect your students in grades 6-12 with Presidential Libraries and National Parks via the #PPSP! Sign up today!  https://k20.internet2.edu/presidents

Finally, in creating the draft tweets I found that the #PPSP hashtag is already in use. It appears to be an international project/service as all the tweets referring to the #PPSP are in another language (frankly that I don't even recognize). I know it's been published out there already but we may want to consider a new hashtag to avoid any confusion. Maybe #PresPrimeSources

We can discuss further on the call today. Thanks all.

Best,
Jennifer

Jennifer Oxenford
Manager, Member Relations & Communications
MAGPI
Twitter - @magpik20
484-604-0831 (google voice)
215-898-0341 (office)

215-74MAGPI (215-746-2474)

  • For consideration/review in today's call, Jennifer Oxenford, 10/24/2012