presidents-planning - PPSP Marketing Materials

Subject: PPSP planning list

PPSP Marketing Materials

  • From: John Korb <>
  • To:
  • Subject: PPSP Marketing Materials
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:46:39 -0500

Hello All,
Attached is the final presidential primary source marketing flyer.  Along with a pdf of the flyer I've included an editable word document if you would like to make adjustments for your network.

We've also decided to create a listserver for teachers that expressed interest in the event.  They will be receiving a short letter along with the flyer later today.

I've also included a marketing email below that you can use to reach out to your network.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Marketing Email

Greetings everyone,
I'd like to introduce an Amazing project that is a collaboration by the U.S. Presidential Libraries and Museums, National Parks, the Internet2 K20 Initiative, and other primary source stakeholders.  The goal of the annual project is to engage classrooms throughout the national & international education community with an overarching theme, utilizing primary source documents for student research & presentation.

Entitled The Presidential Primary Sources Project this program was created to target students in Grades 6-12.  Because of the broad nature of the presidential theme, teachers will find that a number of the historical presentations coincide with their yearly curriculum.  Each video conference will be associated with its coinciding National Standards to assist teachers in these efforts.  The schedule for the year long project is as follows:

Schedule:

October 3rd 2012 - Initial Teacher Training Event

October 30th 2012 - Initial Project Launch Event (Teacher + Student)

November & December 2012– Content Presentations – details below

January 16th 2013 – Follow Up Presentation Date – In the event of scheduling or technical difficulties

January-April 2013 – student research and synthesis & content presenter office hours

May 1st, 2nd, & 3rd 2013 – Student presentations

If you choose to create a presentation for the student event, presentation design should fall into one of these three formats:

·         a student created video

·         a live student led performance

·         a debate between two participating classrooms

The culminating conference will be a student led event where student teams present the information they’ve learned in one of the three formats listed above.  Each presentation must have an interactive portion that encourages audience participation.  Presentations will be no longer than 10 minutes and students will be required to document their resources with 80-100% being primary source documents.

Your classroom will need access to a H.323 compliant desktop video conferencing software program or room system.  The video conferencing system should be able to operate at a minimum of 384kbps.  Every participating site must test with a State program coordinator and receive a site certification prior to the October start date.

For more information visit http://k20.internet2.edu/presidents.  To register for the various events in the project go to https://docs.google.com/a/tetnplus.net/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGEzRnh1d1JZ TktMVVRBWms2Y2JZYnc6MQ#gid=0.  A social media hashtag (#PPSP) along with a facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/PresidentialPrimarySourcesProject) also been created for this event if you would like to receive updates.  If you have questions, feel free to contact me at anytime.

--
John T. Korb
Advanced Applications & Statewide Distance Learning Coordinator

  • PPSP Marketing Materials, John Korb, 09/20/2012