perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Failing installation in Ubuntu 22.04 due to unmet dependencies (postgresql and pyjq)

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Failing installation in Ubuntu 22.04 due to unmet dependencies (postgresql and pyjq)

  • From: "Thomas Tsagklas" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Failing installation in Ubuntu 22.04 due to unmet dependencies (postgresql and pyjq)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:57:21 +0000

Hi all,

I have tried to install perfSONAR toolkit to Ubuntu 22.04.3 however I'm
getting couple of errors due to unmet dependencies as shown below. My distro
has got Python 3.10.12 and PostgreSQL 14.11 (Ubuntu 14.11-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 on
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0,
64-bit)

Any idea if anyone is working on fixing this, and any estimates in terms of
timelines maybe? Many thanks

Kind regards,
Thomas

~$ sudo apt install perfsonar-toolkit
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

pscheduler-server : Depends: postgresql-12 but it is not going to be
installed or
postgresql-11 but it is not installable or
postgresql-10 but it is not installable or
postgresql-9.6 but it is not installable or
postgresql-9.5 but it is not installable
Depends: postgresql-plpython3-12 but it is not
installable or
postgresql-plpython3-11 but it is not
installable or
postgresql-plpython3-10 but it is not
installable or
postgresql-plpython3-9.6 but it is not
installable or
postgresql-plpython3-9.5 but it is not
installable
python3-pscheduler : Depends: python3-pyjq