perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Oddities with the Alama9 install of pst5.0.8

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Oddities with the Alama9 install of pst5.0.8

  • From: "Robinson, John-Paul" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Oddities with the Alama9 install of pst5.0.8
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:58:08 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=uab.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=uab.edu; dkim=pass header.d=uab.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=wuQasdR+lCBx09zWMHmOLEZJ4GEaoEh6WTZXBoxVDUM=; b=Kri6Da2aO81+4FlyIp+yRQ2hzQ6QgJxn53In1Kmrr+m7EMw1mbu7qQ2KyG7741XXbuyyyUEzZHBe56v4K6Gv0CBmkcpRqYU1FElBBqkyCJH90eJRnADjJcYXM7eGdTjgN00N0gOWHTsZd/6P6uZlMiSLNjFTUnOYEtWaTx/ut+Tno/ungL56uGXAHlOYq/9LQ1niuoN4R7qegcRt7R/ykqR2m0KEPTxtuwZAZnOjiAtSviGj5AmmWC2Ye8IgQP/pfc71sR+hKPRNIWINtN7uf//Fb1hRzNZGkMgZbm8AqvVxH0rSqyc13bskbz21c+tASz4z6hKJ33o7QloIF7aRaQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=J7fMSMskylAsyqNxPNMGVlpLAIMcsX31iwU2PUsgTAbTFcV56FPKG9QxuBxjDUMupGBfGlxLNeCRJPu6nONMMyNoeWn+wwsRVapd8PzRMNuguVcWwjk/XKbtyfzrvQjXtFmACaFsyJAmhH9zrIbednUMEFq4KOlJ7HGNgoHTwmCnSmIqEhuUBMVpXAX++sX4vH7xVtk4tiXtEX2ADVaQSbswj+hLI2297n3xxP3k+Ss9e2E+OkL8OTU/IVAu50+QyXviBI2vrIasQouanI5trjuF2kEXaHX/FFDwmxIi/rBM0Mr6O0hrUHZQKPf/kKCFn4fyw3YCv2advrDuVCR/ug==
  • Msip_labels:

By way of an update, I was able to fix the lsregistration configuration by manually editing the config file.  It seems that the status on the toolkit web page that our site wasn't global registering was indeed accurate.   The root cause seems to have been the auto discovery of interfaces and addresses.   Our ConnectX card was on interface enp3s0.  It was either the fact that this was an undetected interface or that Alma9 has moved away from the tradition ifcfg based interface configuretions that prevented the site from being able to discover it's IP address.

By turning off autodiscover_interfaces and adding the following stanza, I was able to avoid the lsregistration start up errors and warnings and get a successful registration.  The toolkit web page then showed the site was registered.

        autodiscover_interfaces    0
        primary_interface       enp3s0
        host_name ps-sd.rc.uab.edu
        address 138.26.220.66
        mtu 9000
        capacity 40000

        <interface>
             if_name enp3s0
        </interface>

I don't think the mtu and capacity are strictly necessary but the Perl code was throwing warnings during startup that the values were uninitialized, ie. it couldn't discover them from the host.   I added them just to avoid any non-INFO level mesages during startup.

I'm still debugging the bi directional tests and test archive issues.