perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] checking your perfSONAR host /etc/sysctl.conf settings

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] checking your perfSONAR host /etc/sysctl.conf settings

  • From: Brian Tierney <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] checking your perfSONAR host /etc/sysctl.conf settings
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 18:26:02 -0500

Hi Folks:

I've been doing some perfSONAR testing, and I've noticed that quite a few public perfSONAR hosts seem to be using default TCP buffer sizes.

Recommended buffer sizes for various perfSONAR host configurations can be found here:

These are also set in the perfSONAR package: 'perfsonar-toolkit-sysctl', but this package is only installed when
using the 'toolkit' bundle.

If you are using any other bundle, you'll need to install perfsonar-toolkit-sysctl separately (or edit sysctl.conf by hand)

eg: 'dnf install perfsonar-toolkit-sysctl' OR 'apt install perfsonar-toolkit-sysctl'

  • [perfsonar-user] checking your perfSONAR host /etc/sysctl.conf settings, Brian Tierney, 10/25/2023