perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Update for EL9 MaDDash Install Issues

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Update for EL9 MaDDash Install Issues

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Update for EL9 MaDDash Install Issues
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 14:27:36 -0700

Hey all,

We just pushed a 5.0.5-2 for just the EL9 psConfig packages that corrects some issues multiple people ran into recently. Specifically the issues fixed were:

- The psConfig MaDDash Agent reporting “permission denied” when trying to generate the maddash.yml file which would lead to no dashboards displaying. This was just an SELinux configuration issue and we updated in the new RPM to install the needed policy to allow this (very similar to what we do for many of the other components with similar requirements).

- The second issue was the perl File::ReadBackwards and Hash::Merge packages were not installed even though they were available in repos. This prevented some of the pSConfig command-line tools from working properly. These are now installed with the relevant pSConfig tools.

It’s likely still making its rounds to all the mirrors, so may not show up yet if you do a “dnf update”. Thanks to all those that reported the issues and hopefully that makes things easier for others going forward.

Thank you,
The perfSONAR Development Team