perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Pscheduler Non-Starter

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Pscheduler Non-Starter

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Johann Hugo <>,
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Pscheduler Non-Starter
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 10:24:07 -0700

On August 2, 2023 at 4:16:51 PM, Johann Hugo () wrote:

Hi all

I have a test setup with a couple of perfSONAR 5.04 testpoints running regular tests. All the scheduled latency tests give a "Non Starter" status on "pscheduler monitor", but the throughput tests work fine. cli pscheduler latency test runs fine.

- What does "Non Starter" status mean ?

It means pscheduler put it on the schedule but had trouble kicking off the test for some reason.

- Any ideas why this happens ?

I think the problem is the definition of “repeat_schedule_PT1M” as the schedule for the latency tests. Latencybg tests are special in that they run continuously and don’t need a schedule. Delete the “schedule” parameter from the task definition and I think you’ll be ok. Example:

"DHA latency"{"group": "DHA mesh","test": "DHA latency","archives": ["central_archive"],"_meta": {"display-name": "DHA latency"}}

- Is there a command to clear all the pscheduler tests ?

This is more for reference, since I think above is your issue and you do not need these but here you go anyways... You an cancel individual tests with the “pscheduler cancel URL” where URL is the full URL of the task to cancel. If you really want to wipe everything you can run “pscheduler internal reset”. It will ask for a confirmation. This is intended as a method of last resort if your pscheduler server gets in a bad state.

- Should I see something when I load the URL for my central archive https://10.10.10.5/logstash in my web browser ? (Writing to a Remote Archive with IP Authentication)

Nope, if you load in a browser you should get a blank page.

Regards
Johann

--
SANReN Engineer
South African National Research Network (SANReN)

Office: 012 841 2066Email: Website: www.sanren.ac.za / www.csir.co.za