perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Anyway to install PS4 for testing purposes?

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Anyway to install PS4 for testing purposes?

  • From: Andrew Lake <>
  • To: Phil Reese <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Anyway to install PS4 for testing purposes?
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 06:26:01 -0700

Hi Phil,

See the instructions here for pointing at a 4.0 repo: https://docs.perfsonar.net/legacy_archive_esmond.html#step-1-preparing-the-new-esmond-host

Make sure you disable the 5.0 repo on that machine, or else it won’t work.

On May 22, 2023 at 5:48:08 PM, Phil Reese () wrote:

Hi,

With the release of PS 5, I'm still having issues, is there a simple way
to reinstall PS 4  anymore?  The CentralManagement bundle, in
particular, with Esmond etc.

So far its been a struggle to go back to ps-repo-10, and then see what
fails and then wget the failed packages from
http://software.internet2.edu/rpms/el7/x86_64/4.4.6/packages/ and then
struggle with ones that no longer will install.

I'm doing this as I've been unable to mirror my standing mesh running
PS4.4.6 in PS5, using the PS5 maddash tools.

Thanks,
Phil