perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: "Ahuja, Satish (Exchange)" <>
  • Cc: Conan F Moore <>, Satish Ahuja <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 19:50:58 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=TWGxm53zHQw+JIvEI3sZSMXWCm6zBDL9JYcia/YOMVw=; b=HlXsxfA22J/yKvhydvcJ9AwJd7jrIsUUAWzQ8r52KcyJvFoaU/qoLqUSozpuzLBT8omxsdNj3dlGLFK5oAwlE46GdzBR5HWI2aUFfVImnbb+HgJsf4vRnY+s8Kki8bzZgjbJ/ujgK7z5DTYDBjMldZ5HE1Xoqc1GoZdRL05HN2AVs+mjpaAkb5qumXRxi/f6y/1qWWVO/1xngC9XMVmE16KxLu1ml/ecm2twjaOjsenHq7+XhebTK3MGUx8htiKoauDdqX/DoY427AA121zqehKGgskCXJ8XiGV+jtBlbgs7qZi1TKQTe5dcTFgKXOtJJCTXEqjbvGXACvxWsS60fg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=PRwlbgeYz3wyLc2EHlc2xRzG0hjiRkTXW9RSNgj0/6Yk3DyX7hSzWZstWH/ENmC8mSGJ0sD7jT56KlMHEIzg6TpF4SprcV3CZBz5H+bsGyrYxZKU322O+J2R7fUiAiGMLUxe7Za8OwFs/SQNbID1sPgfDPTQkTVfECL/pd+Dxh8gmAAFgk5m9iUvDWpoEo/ZraxwGcZ44VLvWKUDcdwYiuRsKlzcfZg2sRDIzKJ1UoT7g1lojIurjVzbqph0fdvFDkfOWKgg2X4Ag2CnIlZ3jiVoP4DmRsHGhlVaFIznzdqjwUiIgZxQPHKTOvLlMNU8K0dPDfxmVtuVhmzu2VWI5w==

(I dropped the list out of the distribution; please post a follow-up when this is resolved.)

Ahuja, Satish (Exchange) writes:

Hi Mark,

Hope you find this email well. I modified the group section of skeleton.json and that seems to fix the configuration file and I see no error. Additionally, I can see remote definitions on maddash and perfSonar nodes. However, I still can’t see anything on maddash dashboard.

 Is there anything left from installation point of view or configuration that we are missing. I should be able to get grids of tests results.

Some basic diagnostics:

On one of your test points, run “pscheduler troubleshoot” to make sure pScheduler is healthy.

On the same test point, run “pscheduler schedule -PT1H” to look at what’s run in the last hour (or PT<whatever>H for longer).  You should be seeing measurements if pSConfig is creating tasks.  Yours appears to be doing that, so there’s a whole branch of troubleshooting that can be skipped.

If you’re seeing successful measurements, pluck the run URL from one of the runs in the schedule and run “pscheduler result --archivings RUN-URL”.  The bottom of the output should show whether or not sending the measurements to the archive succeeded.  The most-common thing we run into is that the archive hasn’t been configured to accept unauthenticated measurements from the test points.

--Mark