perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR and Grafana

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR and Grafana

  • From: Jarett DeAngelis <>
  • To: Mark Feit <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR and Grafana
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 13:49:13 -0600

Oooh. This is delightful. Thanks, Mark!

On Dec 15, 2022, at 1:38 PM, Mark Feit <> wrote:

Jarett DeAngelis writes:

We're interested in getting data from our grid into Grafana for somewhat more advanced (/prettier ;) ) visualization. Has anyone else gone down this road either with a combination of the Postgres/Cassandra DBs directly or via the API?

Since 4.0, pScheduler has a raft of archiver plugins that allow sending the results of measurements directly to systems other than Esmond (and Esmond, too) using various methods.  Documentation for that is at https://docs.perfsonar.net/pscheduler_ref_archivers.html ; the one you’ll probably be interested in is the HTTP archiver since most systems can take HTTP POSTs.

Don’t invest a lot of time in Esmond (which is PostgreSQL and Cassandra underneath); it’s going away in the 5.0 release.  There will be backward-compatibility software to query its replacement as if it were Esmond, but that won’t remain forever, either.

--Mark