perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Troubleshooting Maddash grids

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Troubleshooting Maddash grids

  • From: GlobalNOC <>
  • To: Ethan <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Troubleshooting Maddash grids
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 14:43:30 +0000

Hi Ethan,

Here are some tips from the MaDDash Quick Install Guide:

Most issues with MaDDash stem from a problem with the JSON config file. Double check everything there first and make sure that names, IPs, variables, etc are all correct.

BE PATIENT! The MaDDash won’t populate instantly. Results displayed on the MaDDash are the average of the last 3 tests. If, for example, bandwidth testing is happening once every 4 hours, it’ll be a while before results start showing up.

On the Measurement Archive:

·         less /var/log/maddash/psconfig-maddash-agent.log

o    Check the MaDDash log for errors if nothing is displayed on the dashboard.

·         psconfig remote list

o    See if the archive location configuration is correct.

On the Nodes:

·         curl -k https://ip-address-of-archive/psconfig/name-of-file.json

o    Assuming all is working well, you can grab the config file from the archive using this command on any configured node. Useful for making sure that the node has access to the Measurement Archive and that the configuration file has been published successfully.

·         less /var/log/perfsonar/psconfig-pscheduler-agent.log

o    Check the pscheduler-agent log for errors if tasks don’t seem to be running.

·         psconfig remote list

o    See if the archive location configuration is correct. Make sure that “"configure-archives" : true” is present in the output.

·         psconfig pscheduler-stats

o    See if there are any scheduled tasks from the remote archive

·         pscheduler monitor

o    See if pscheduler tasks are running and completing on schedule

FWIW, you might also try using pscheduler schedule or pscheduler plot-schedule to make sure your tests are running and not being crowded out by other tests. Providing a slip value might help make sure the tests run when they can’t run exactly when scheduled.

HTH

--

John Grigutis

Network Automation & Performance