perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Iperf3 authentication issue in PS 4.4

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Iperf3 authentication issue in PS 4.4

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Phil Reese <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Iperf3 authentication issue in PS 4.4
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 23:01:21 +0000

Phil Reese writes:

I seem to have missed when iperf3 had authentication added to it for
pscheduler testing.  Checked release notes back to 4.3 and didn't find a
reference to the addition.  Not opposed to it, just don't know how it is
being used.

It’s new in 4.4 and didn’t make it into the release notes.

The iperf3 plugin on the destination end generates a unique user name and key for every measurement and provides that information as part of the arrangements that set it up.  If that information is present, the source end will use it to authenticate.  If it’s not present or the test is single-ended, it will run unauthenticated.

On three of my edge nodes I'm getting these type of messages:

We’d have to go dig some information out of the database on one of your pScheduler nodes to see what’s going on.  Drop me a line if you have some time tomorrow or Thursday and we can take a look at it.

--Mark