perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Some questions in publishing perfsonar remote templates

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Some questions in publishing perfsonar remote templates

  • From: Yiwen Huang <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Some questions in publishing perfsonar remote templates
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 10:03:16 +0800

Hello,
I'm a student who is learning how to use perfsonar. This is really a wonderful network measurement project, but I had some problems publishing remote templates.
I had two hosts both installed centOS7 system and have public ip addresses. Let's denote them as publisher and testpoint. The publisher host installs the toolkit  v4.3.4-1.el7 bundle, the testpoint host installs the testpoint bundle.
Here is the how I publish a remote template:
First, I wrote a example template that asks the testpoint host to do http test, which is shown in the picture below:
5209A1B2-49CF-4CFC-9BE0-0968BC590310.png
Then, on the publisher, I use the "psconfig publish example.json" command to publish this template and I got a success output as shown below:
image.png
After that, on the testpoint host, I use the "psconfig remote add "http://ip_of_publisher_host/psconfig/example.json" command to add this template and this template was shown when I use the "psconfig remote list" command.
However, when I used the "psconfig pscheduler-tasks" command, I got the result below:
image.png
I think it means this task was not successfully committed to the testpoint host and it's not what I expected (I thought this task would be successfully committed and the http task would be executed every 1 min as the example.json template requested).
I read the perfsonar documentation and searched the Internet for solutions but failed. I still don't know where I did wrong. I'm sorry to bother you for this question and I would be very very appreciated if you could reply to me and give me some solutions.
Yours,
a confusing perfsonar beginner.