perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] postgresql9.5 dependency in perfsonar & obsolete packages

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] postgresql9.5 dependency in perfsonar & obsolete packages

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Gerald Vogt <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] postgresql9.5 dependency in perfsonar & obsolete packages
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 18:39:20 +0000

Gerald Vogt writes:

>> The version of postgresql-load you have installed depends only on
>> PostgreSQL 10, so that shouldn’t be the cause.  The naming of the
>
> Well, it is. yum thinks so:
>
> --> Processing Dependency: postgresql95-server for package:
> postgresql-load-1.1-1.el7.noarch

It seems postgresql-load has been updated at some point without
increasing the version number.

Think I found it.  The code in postgresql-load didn’t change between releases, so the version number stayed the same.  The packaging did and I neglected to update the release number.  What we should have shipped was 1.1-2.  Because of that, the RPM didn’t upgrade after the last release and the old dependency is still in place.

The next release will be 1.2-1 and will solve the problem.  If you want to force things to clean up properly, a “yum reinstall postgresql-load” should bring the dependency up to the right version.

--Mark