perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] MongoDB use on perfsonar

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] MongoDB use on perfsonar

  • From: Michael Johnson <>
  • To: "Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[Arctic Slope Technical Services, Inc.]" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] MongoDB use on perfsonar
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 13:58:33 -0500

Hi,

MongoDB is, as you mentioned, not used for the LS services anymore. It *is*
still used for PWA, not for any reason related to the lookup service, but
simply because it was written this way, originally by someone outside the pS
project. So, from a pS perspective, if unless you have PWA installed, you
shouldn't see MongoDB.

Keep in mind that PWA is not part of the Central Management bundle, so unless
you explicitly installed it, you won't have it. These are the PWA packages:

perfsonar-psconfig-web-admin-ui
perfsonar-psconfig-web-admin-shared
perfsonar-psconfig-web-admin-publisher
perfsonar-psconfig-web-admin-auth

I also will note that I don't recognize any of the mongodb-related files you
mention below, and they don't look like anything we would ship.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Michael

On Mon, Feb 01, 2021 at 06:16:46PM +0000, "Uhl, George D. (GSFC-423.0)[Arctic