perfsonar-user - RE: [perfsonar-user] Throughput test via Toolkit

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

RE: [perfsonar-user] Throughput test via Toolkit

  • From: "Garnizov, Ivan" <>
  • To: Ignacio Peluaga Lozada <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [perfsonar-user] Throughput test via Toolkit
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 15:13:39 +0000

Hello Ignacio,

The short answer is it is not possible...
It is also not possible, nor advisable to run underspecified tests.
All in all even if the Toolkit high level service does not set them, then it
would be the lower level setting them automatically for you.

Instead I would strongly recommend to see in the task details of the
successful run, what exactly the parameter specifications was and then try to
reproduce it.
IMO It would be much easier if you make several tests on the CLI to find /
match the correct set of parameters for a complete spec of the test, which
succeeds just the way you managed.

It is interesting also you managed to have a successful test with a system
behind NAT, which means the scheduler on the B host has recognized the IP
address you are calling for a test as own address.

Regards,
Ivan Garnizov

GEANT WP6T3: pS development team
GEANT WP7T1: pS deployments GN Operations
GEANT WP9T2: Software governance in GEANT