perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] pScheduler latency task behind NAT

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] pScheduler latency task behind NAT

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Ignacio Peluaga Lozada <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] pScheduler latency task behind NAT
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2020 23:52:07 +0000

Ignacio Peluaga Lozada writes:

I would like to ask if it is possible to run pScheduler's latency task when it sits behind NAT. More specifically, I am using the perfSONAR Docker testpoint on a Linux VM.

I learnt it's possible to use twping (whose option '-Z' allows the NAT environment) instead of the default owping since perfSONAR 4.1. The following command works fine:

        twping -Z psb01-gva.cern.ch

I understand pScheduler's '--tool' option can be used to select twping but still, I get no measurements. I run it in this way:

        pscheduler task --tool twping latency --dest psb01-gva.cern.ch

        Run did not complete: Failed

The failure is caused by a bug that crept in  during 4.3 development and managed to slip through testing.  I’ve fixed it and will get a patch out early next week.   You mentioned that your system is 4.2.4, but this bug wasn’t present there.  You probably auto-upgraded to 4.3.

As far as the -Z is concerned, I’ve opened an issue on that:  https://github.com/perfsonar/pscheduler/issues/1082.  If there are no side effects of putting that switch on by default, I’ll slip it in with the next bugfix.  If there are, we’ll need to add a switch to the latency test to enable that behavior and will have it out in the next release.  (That change is kind of a big deal if we have to make it.)

--Mark