perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] [External] perfSONAR evaluation

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] [External] perfSONAR evaluation

  • From: Kunal Puri <>
  • To: Mark Feit <>
  • Cc: Hunter Fuller <>, perfsonar-user <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] [External] perfSONAR evaluation
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 20:00:45 +0200

Thanks Mark for providing the information.

Kind Regards
Kunal

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 7:08 PM Mark Feit <> wrote:

Kunal Puri writes:

If i understand correctly, for my usecase I need just one perfSONAR on dedicated machine and to run twamp and owamp on the application servers. Is it correct?

That’s correct.  You don’t have to run owampd and twampd on the servers; one or the other will do.  It’s worth noting that powstream, which underpins the streaming latency (latencybg) test, doesn’t support TWAMP, so choose carefully.

--Mark