perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Evolutions

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Evolutions

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: HADJALI Mehdi <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Evolutions
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 19:48:07 +0000

HADJALI Mehdi writes:

Did you have an example of Elasticsearch’s deployment ? Because I have many perfSONAR Toolkit in my company and I would like to have an other interface to display resultats, more user-friendly 😊

We are in much the same boat.  The problem has been well-solved by other packages, so there’s not really a need for us to continue pouring resources into maintaining our own.  Visualization is currently slated to be the major theme for perfSONAR 4.4, but we are in the early stages of it.  Some of the other list members may have examples to share; we’re just not in a spot to do that right now.

perfSONAR has never been a closed ecosystem; people have been writing programs to pull data out of Esmond and into their own systems for years.  When pScheduler was released in 2017, it opened up the option to send measurement results directly to other systems without having to store them in Esmond first.  The toolkit we ship still uses Esmond (and the Esmond archiver plugin to get the data there), but there are also plugins for HTTP, Kafka, RabbitMQ and even syslog if you want to go that route.   You’ll find reference material in the documentation:  https://docs.perfsonar.net/pscheduler_ref_archivers.html.  At the bottom of that page, you’ll find a sample of the JSON that gets passed to the archivers.  You can pick out whatever you want to put into ElasticSearch or anything else.

Hope that helps.

--Mark