perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Evolutions

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Evolutions

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: HADJALI Mehdi <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] perfSONAR Evolutions
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 16:42:59 +0000

HADJALI Mehdi writes:

is there a big update planned for this year on the perfsonar tool?

Are there any plans to integrate Elasticsearch solutions?

Yesterday’s beta announcement should give you some idea what we have in store for this release.  It represents a lot of under-the-hood work and testing that came from migrating to Python 3, so it’s more evolutionary than revolutionary.  We’ll talk some more about what’s in the pipeline for 4.4 at perfSONAR Day next month.  Information about that can be found here:  https://www.internet2.edu/news-events/events/techextra-perfsonar-day.  Registration is free, even if you’re not an Internet2 member or with a MoU institution.

Also, you don’t need to wait for us.  pScheduler has archivers for destinations other than Esmond.  The HTTP archiver can be used to post measurement results directly to ElasticSearch or anything else with a HTTP API.

--Mark