perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Esmond to connect to postgres on different port

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Esmond to connect to postgres on different port

  • From: "Mike Cruzz" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Esmond to connect to postgres on different port
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 13:24:23 +0000

Thanks for your reply Antoine.

What threw me off was that in the settings.py file under /usr/lib/esmond/
esmond/settings.py it only specifies the following:

DATABASES = {
'default': {
'ENGINE': ESMOND_SETTINGS.sql_db_engine,
'NAME': ESMOND_SETTINGS.sql_db_name,
'HOST': ESMOND_SETTINGS.sql_db_host,
'USER': ESMOND_SETTINGS.sql_db_user,
'PASSWORD': ESMOND_SETTINGS.sql_db_password,
}
}

So I was not sure if there would have been some code changes required..

but then again I went deep down into portgres and found that 5432 is just a
default port.. and you can set this to any other number.. so I have set the
postgres to instead use 5431.. then I have used pgbouncer to listen on a vip
to port 5432 so I have solved the problem with loadbalancing postgres. without
having to change anything in the code.

You clustering documentation is right though :) "You are familiar with the
tools or **are willing to learn something new**"

Indeed it was a good challenge to fit all the pieces together.. Normally, I
would never have ventured into postgres/cassandra/apache at all but this
really help me even if I only know the high level how to set it up and get it
running. I have few more tests to be run but for the postgres I am now able to
get it into proper HA with clustering in a 3 node setup.

Thank you again for such an amazing product. I look forward to future
enhancements and help to test these if I can.

Regards