perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Unable to run pscheduler monitor

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Unable to run pscheduler monitor

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Mike Cruzz <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Unable to run pscheduler monitor
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:48:42 +0000

Mike Cruzz writes:

I'm having a problem when running pscheduler monitor on a testpoint. I
keep
getting the following error.

[root@perfsonar4 ~]# pscheduler plot-schedule
Not sending PNG output to a tty. Consider redirecting.

The schedule plotter produces non-human-readable output and won't write it to
a terminal. As the message says, consider redirecting it to a file.

[root@perfsonar4 ~]# pscheduler monitor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/libexec/pscheduler/commands/monitor", line 431, in <module>
curses.curs_set(0)
_curses.error: curs_set() returned ERR

The terminal used to log into the system is probably lacking some of the
features the monitor requires. (What does 'echo $TERM' return?)

The program should fail gracefully under those circumstances; it's a case
that was never tested. I've opened an ticket on it
(https://github.com/perfsonar/pscheduler/issues/1046) and will have it
corrected in the next release.

--Mark