perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] Having trouble with the 'servicewatcher' script and its cron job

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] Having trouble with the 'servicewatcher' script and its cron job

  • From: Phil Reese <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] Having trouble with the 'servicewatcher' script and its cron job
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 14:14:39 -0700

Hi,

Over time, I've noticed that I've never seen any content in the log file for the 'servicewatcher' script, /var/log/perfsonar/servicewatcher_error.log.  I also have never seen the file /var/log/perfsonar/servicewatcher.log at all!

Looking further, I also don't see the cron jobs, for root, that the rpm is supposed to install.

And finally the config files, which the perl code in the scripts/service_watcher code suggest should be in /etc/perfsonar/{servicewatcher.conf, servicewatcher-logger.conf} aren't there.  I do see some conf files in /etc/perfsonar/toolkit/ but they don't look quite right either.

I'm still having some problems with a misbehaving pscheduler-archiver process which I thought I might be able to use 'servicewatcher' to help with, but not in its current state.

Thanks for taking a look,
Phil

PS- my previous problem with the Dashboard page failing to refresh after running for a day or two now seems to more likely to be related to the VPN and/or the DHCP process for the VPN IP causing the problem.  Running the refreshing Dashboard via ssh port forwarding has been running for many days now.