perfsonar-user - [perfsonar-user] iperf3 throughput test error

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

[perfsonar-user] iperf3 throughput test error

  • From: Ian Gandon <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [perfsonar-user] iperf3 throughput test error
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 13:33:28 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=onwave.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=onwave.com; dkim=pass header.d=onwave.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=vy7zlGGT5qUv6CDho4ehBefbn5hvx+FDg+z72VKsYB8=; b=g7r9d9uOf8415ipt5NDhN967Kfa38UD+YqeLwp5I3o7qKPJ85/wbLOluZ8/M7jUdBFSnluNND1TGPn7EqCEVgFQbSTzYYf1dD7J1/qt8Jz3hUW4wA2/3mRgZ2d9tK7kjt9DidRKeEe/uIw23qgPFjJmS5TCZQF5higmrMBO/v1N26PQD0oe5NrsAC4RuqWYFA6awOghF9XeSJ4/gK5q3juVzouw2qV50j5MxLo9FhuUO0yUAukTHSJUAv5SPThreKcw8Dl8laRtN3JDPUPU/FXCmIITHPdrXIwg67At79GcNdAXA9u99n2MOwhqt1CGkf9rTKPdWLNJQh1CEehtZ5g==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=V6j7ZhfuyXXGfxRZb9y+9FHg/k3WwHj4gVGIfbOhkeOaeOhISEIXTS1+xYkRIK+XZlKfNX3xAAEzILs8/gWKqTGAdqSfdv6cmNi3zKB03iLXqS9W0LlZa+Rqhf4IWHhapsd76/KpF1AW3cnXeZVcCvvax3JJRTOTugbjHgB50icMILLhYZKy8P74Xh5bDwUVI0W6Ysawv5MnkZQkJH7nU7iZZiUepo/2KIEkQyqKgTrJ9LzXGzz945eYE+JmHrNQIaK22A4uVh5E86Ct+/I3GbrTJTgb5V/ae75W8rXUlGA9Cnz6Kr5aZr4CfHj2Fivn0tngbju7o4wW6GJ4Gwt8Ew==

Hi,

Recently upgraded my perfsonar devices to 4.2.0 and seem to have run into an issue. I utilise a CentOS 7 backend and upgraded via yum.

I use the agent to deploy a template on my device which uses my measurement archive as a destination for the tests. Post the upgrade my throughput tests are failing.

On the test device itself (client side) it generates the following in the pscheduler log:

Run returned {"diags": "/usr/bin/iperf3 -p 5201 -c MA -t 10 --json", "succeeded": false, "error": "iperf3 returned an error: error - the server has terminated"}

And on the destination device (server side) it generates the following in the pscheduler log:

tool-iperf3/run ERROR    Exception not enough arguments for format string.

To me it seems like the server side of iperf3 is not starting due to an error and this is causing the client side to fail and complain. Running iperf3 manually (-s on the server and -c on the client sides) works normally.

I did notice Issue #911 has the same server side error but not sure if its related.

Hoping someone could give me some pointers on where to go from here?

Thanks for any help,

Ian

CONFIDENTIALITY AND DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above and the contents should not be disclosed to any other person nor copies taken. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Onwave UK Ltd unless otherwise specifically stated. As internet communications are not secure we do not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message nor responsibility for any change made to this message after it was sent by the original sender. We advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of any software viruses.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations 2016/679, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. Onwave UK Ltd is committed to ensuring the security and protection of the personal information that we process. Any email and files/attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If this message has been sent to you in error, you must not copy, distribute or disclose any of the information it contains. Please notify the sender immediately and delete the message from your email system.
Registered in England No: 7490613