perfsonar-user - Re: [perfsonar-user] Some PS 4.2 Beta feedback

Subject: perfSONAR User Q&A and Other Discussion

Re: [perfsonar-user] Some PS 4.2 Beta feedback

  • From: Mark Feit <>
  • To: Phil Reese <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [perfsonar-user] Some PS 4.2 Beta feedback
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 17:11:10 +0000

I wrote:

Phil Reese writes:

[root@asus1 rc.d]# pscheduler troubleshoot
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/libexec/pscheduler/commands/troubleshoot", line 17, in
<module>
import pscheduler
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jsonschema/__init__.py",
line
32, in <module>
from pkg_resources import get_distribution
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources

Looks like 'pkg_resources' is lost in this beta version.

This appears to be a problem in a recent CentOS 7. We have systems that
haven't upgraded that don't have this problem and have been burned before by
CentOS pulling in a change that breaks something. I should have this fixed
today and will follow up when a new beta is cut.

Just to close the loop on this: it turned out there was a dependency missing
that was being covered by some other package but is no longer. That's been
fixed, as has a problem in the scheduler that was causing more CPU
consumption and use of the database than was necessary. Anyone running the
beta will get those fixes during the next update.

--Mark